Building Self Esteem Now!
Building self esteem is a 2 part process. It is a lot like building a house. The first part establishes the foundation. The 2nd part completes the building of the house, or in this case, the actual "how to" of building self esteem.
For more information on building self esteem and more great content please visit the following pages:
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Part 1 Building Self Esteem: The Foundation
- Have a willingness to change. Without change, nothing changes!!
- Stay the course. Perseverance and determination are what keeps us on track!
- Be gentle and kind with ourselves. It takes courage to change, and sometimes and some days, we fall down and hurt ourselves. There is nothing else to do but to get back up, dust ourselves off, and keep going. Though we may judge ourselves, it isn’t necessary to do this.
- Write down what we want as a result of boosting our self esteem.
Have a willingness to change. Without change, nothing changes!!
A willingness is simply making it okay with ourselves to change. It does not involve any doing. It is more an opening up inside ourselves, a giving permission to ourselves, to change. This is where we start from.
Being honest here is so very important. If we say we have no willingness and do not give ourselves permission to change, then nothing will happen and we will take no action. Simply put. No harm done. Our lives stay the same. If we really want to change, to boost our self esteem, then we must have the willingness to do so.
Stay the course. Perseverance and determination are what keeps us on track!
Determination is having a firmness of purpose and perseverance means having a stick to it attitude even when the going gets tough.
Be gentle and kind with ourselves. It takes courage to change, and sometimes and some days, we fall down and hurt ourselves. There is nothing else to do but to get back up, dust ourselves off, and keep going. Though we may judge ourselves, it isn’t necessary to do this.
If we are not willing to change we must be gentle with ourselves. We judge and criticize ourselves all the time for not being the way we want to be. If we are not willing to change now, perhaps we will change at a later date. No one can make us change, if we don’t want to. It is all up to us. However, without great risk, there is no great reward!
Write down what we want as a result of boosting our self esteem.
- A better relationship with our kids.
- Be a better parent.
- Be a better husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, etc.
- Just feel good about ourselves and our lives.
- A positive body image.
- Be a better teacher, be open to learning new skills.
- Spend more time doing what we love
Part 2 Building The House: The How To Of Building Self Esteem.
- Learning to take responsibility.
- Self Esteem Affirmations.
- Affirmation posters and Vision Boards.
- Personal workbooks.
- Increasing communication skills.
- Increasing parenting skills.
Learning to take responsibility.
- Learning to take responsibility for oneself and one’s life, immediately increases self esteem.
Self Esteem Affirmations.
- Writing or speaking powerful self esteem affirmations, creates self change, and has a direct impact on boosting self esteem.
Affirmation Posters/Vision Boards.
- Creating affirmation posters and or vision boards, supports us in staying focused on what we want along the journey to high self esteem.
- Working in a personal workbook, has enormous value in helping to identify, where one is stuck, and may need help. It also helps us to focus on our lives, where we need to change, and how can we increase our self esteem.
- Worksheets are somewhat similar to a personal workbook, just not as in depth and still helpful in identifying issues that need to be addressed.
Increasing communication skills.
- Increasing communication skills is essential to boosting self esteem. Most of us know what we don’t want. Now we can learn to identify what we do want and how to ask for it. We can also learn to ask for the support we need along the way.
Increasing parenting skills.
All these steps are the beginning of building self esteem. They create a strong foundation. They create a “completely built house”. The house of self esteem.
Subscribe to my Up The Love Newsletter (you'll also receive 2 free e-book gifts)!
Enter your info below to receive your 2 FREE e-books, Building Self Esteem Now & Self Esteem Issues Can Be Beaten.
They teach you immediate solutions for overcoming any issue preventing you from building self esteem...Invaluable to uplifting your life results!