Low Self Esteem Signs Point Us In the Right Direction.
We need to identify the low self esteem signs that cause us the most grief. When we do, we can then start to make the changes to experiencing a better life.
The 10 Common Low Self Esteem Signs
- Not taking any responsibility for anything in ones life. Playing the blame game.
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle. Not participating in the creation of ones life.
- Feeling hopeless and helpless a lot. What's the use anyway, I never get what I want.
- Feeling responsible for others as a way to avoid taking responsibility for oneself. Ie Rescuing people as a way to feel good about oneself that ultimately never happens.
- Never having enough money, always broke.
- Relationships don’t work.
- Low self confidence.
- Poor boundaries ie difficulty in saying no, a people pleaser.
- Unresolved addiction issues.
- Unresolved mental health problems.
Not taking any responsibility for anything in ones life. Playing the blame game.
- When we don’t take responsibility for ourselves and our lives, nothing seems to work well, or if it does, it is only temporary before we blame someone or something else for our unhappiness. This common dynamic, keeps us stuck in one place. The place of being a victim of our circumstances.
- Do the self esteem exercise for self responsibility.
Leading a sedentary lifestyle. Not participating in the creation of ones life.
- Another dynamic to keep us stuck in one place and not moving forward into a better life. Feeling like a victim. Telling ourselves we are just lazy, so what’s the big deal. The big deal is we have no life.
Feeling hopeless and helpless a lot. What’s the use anyway, I never get what I want.
- This particular low self esteem sign, says, we are not worth the effort so why bother? Why should we expend any energy to make us feel better, when in the end, we never get what we want. Unresolved feelings of non deservingness.
Feeling responsible for others as a way to avoid taking responsibility for oneself. Ie Rescuing people as a way to feel good about oneself that ultimately never happens.
- When this happens the rescuer never gets what he or she wants. Trying to feel better about oneself by rescuing others who may or may not appreciate it, never works.
Never having enough money, always broke.
- Always playing the money game to lose. Never taking the time to understand how money works, therefore don’t have any.
Relationships don’t work.
- Unable to sustain a healthy relationship. Always moving from one relationship to another. Never satisfied.
- See good relationships.
Low self confidence.
- Not enough life experience to have a life that works. Never takes the time to practice at life or gives up too easily.
Poor boundaries ie difficulty in saying no, a people pleaser.
- When this happens, a lot of energy gets expended to please other people. The person doing the pleasing ends up feeling angry and resentful and never gets what they want.
Unresolved addiction issues.
- Having unresolved addiction issues can cause life damaging consequences, from mild to severe, depending on the severity of the addiction.
Unresolved mental health problems.
- When one has unresolved mental health problems, this usually means, they are off their medication, and not taking good care of their bodies.
Having low self esteem signs merely point us in the direction of where we need to make changes to our lives. If we want a different experience, we must think and feel differently. If we don’t change, we end up repeating the same behavior patterns over and over.
Subscribe to my Up The Love Newsletter (you'll also receive 2 free e-book gifts)!
Enter your info below to receive your 2 FREE e-books, Building Self Esteem Now & Self Esteem Issues Can Be Beaten.
They teach you immediate solutions for overcoming any issue preventing you from building self esteem...Invaluable to uplifting your life results!