Self Esteem In Children Means Nurturing The Next Generation!
Self esteem in children is so very important to their development into happy healthy teenagers and adults. We must do all that we can to build and nurture our children’s self esteem. Even learning 1 of the following techniques will go a long way to boosting a child’s self esteem.
The above picture is taken a long time ago. It's my son Jason and I. Isn't he a handsome boy?!
For more information on self esteem in children and more great content please visit the following pages:
8 Best Ways To Improve Self Esteem In Children
- Understand and meet the dependency needs of our children’s developmental stages.
- Become better parents by learning new skills.
- Set healthy limits.
- Foster mutual love and respect between parent and child.
- Honor their uniqueness.
- Give them opportunities to learn and grow.
- Learn creative solutions through win win scenarios.
- Deepen understanding, patience and empathy. We were all kids at one time in our lives. If we can do this, we can greatly increase self esteem in children!
Understand and meet the dependency needs of our children’s developmental stages.
- From infant to school age there are certain dependency needs that our children cannot meet on their own. They need us to help them meet these critical developmental stages.
Become better parents by learning new skills.
Set healthy limits.
- If we don’t set healthy limits children can grow up with a confused unrealistic perspective on their lives.
Foster mutual love and respect between parent and child.
- To the degree we love and respect ourselves, is the degree we love and respect our children.
Honor their uniqueness.
- Our children don’t belong to us. They ultimately belong to themselves. It is not our job to live our unlived lives through them.
Give them opportunities to learn and grow.
- Support them in doing a variety of activities in life. The more open and willing we are to experiencing life and all it’s wonders, the more we can guide our children in this area.
Learn creative solutions through win win scenarios.
- This can take some effort yet is so beneficial to a healthy parent and child relationship.
Deepen understanding, patience and empathy. We were all kids at one time in our lives.
- Take ourselves less seriously. Learn to laugh at ourselves. We will never be perfect parents. Time to lighten up and enjoy the ride.
We need to be committed to nurturing the self esteem in our children. I cannot think of anything else as important as supporting the next generation on this planet. Our future is in their hands!
Subscribe to my Up The Love Newsletter (you'll also receive 2 free e-book gifts)!
Enter your info below to receive your 2 FREE e-books, Building Self Esteem Now & Self Esteem Issues Can Be Beaten.
They teach you immediate solutions for overcoming any issue preventing you from building self esteem...Invaluable to uplifting your life results!